Performing a job role of an information security auditor is not an easy job, it takes so much effort and knowledge as well. In order to get in-depth knowledge and understanding, getting a CISA Training course can be the right choice for information security auditors.
However, the main function of a security auditor is to ensure that every computer system within the organization is secure and effective with their security components. After your conducted investigations, you must create a fully detailed technical report stating the effectiveness of the systems, analyze the present security status of those systems.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Security Auditor
There are a bunch of responsibilities that you simply should expect as a Certified Information Security Auditor in the organization. The following list gives an outline of the foremost common responsibilities that you should expect for this job.
- You are accountable for all the information security audits within the organization in terms of scheduling them, executing them and further leading them along with your team.
- It is your role to assess the financial and data systems within the organization, the followed security controls and procedures taken for management purposes. you must always inspect these systems and suggest any applicable modifications.
- You need to ensure that all the operation processes within the organization are effective, efficient, and most significantly compliant with security policies and related government regulations.
- You should also conduct tests for IT systems within the organization. Such tests should be focused on evaluating the risks related to having them.
- It is your responsibility as an information security consultant to review the staff and interview them in order to urge security risks and complications established for the organization.
- You should always document all the audit processes undertaken for every computing environment within the organization and every computer application used there, as long as documenting the results is often a recommended aspect.
- You should evaluate the number of exposure or risk that’s related to any control practices that are either not effective or missing.
- You should compare between the results that you just get from the audit process with some defined criteria for the systems.
- You have to evaluate how much the conclusions of the audit are relevant and accurate with regard to the audit evidence.
- You are required to make both a technical written document to state all the findings of the audit likewise as having the ability to verbally communicate these results.
- You should then always build your recommendations based on the most effective practices in the field to enhance the present situations of the systems of the organization.
- In this regard, it is suggested that it’s not just your responsibility that needs to be provided to the organization with the foremost efficient solution, yet you must always discuss with the management and ensure that there exists a compliance between these recommendations and also the company procedures.
- You must always be in a constant collaboration with all the IT departments to make sure that security compliance is improved, all the associated risks are managed, and that effectiveness is ensured in the process also.
- It is necessary to notice that you just will most probably have to travel a lot for the work purposes. This might be because you may become an independent security auditor.
- However, you’ll still become a security auditor working with other team members of IT security teams.
Hop on difficulty levels
At the start of your cybersecurity career, it is recommended that you simply take an entry level position so that you’ll gain the required knowledge and skill for the upcoming years. a number of these jobs are:
- Security Administrator
- Network Administrator
- System Administrator
After getting a sufficient base of skills and knowledge in one of these jobs, you must take a boost up into a more specialized job. Few of these jobs are given below:
- Security Specialist
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Consultant
It is okay for an auditor to be in the technical position for all his career life. A number of these managerial positions are:
- Security Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Security Director
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Need to fill requirements
If you are planning to pursue the CISA Exam, then you should have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related technical field. Furthermore, since this job involves most technical aspects, the technical background matters a lot from the point of view of employers and they want to determine that their candidates received sufficient security training and they have the suitable certifications for the work functions.
In most of the cases, companies want to determine that their candidate for this position has completed from 3 to 6 years in the field of IT generally. they are doing not require a particular security experience beforehand though. However, if you think about a job as a Senior Security Auditor, then you must get experience of more than 5 years in the auditing field.
However, if the above information is still not enough to clear out your doubts and queries, you must take a glance at iGlobe Career’s website. here you will find several cyber security certifications training including CISA, Certified Information Security Officer, CISSP, and many others.